A Meeting and Thanksgiving Lunch with the CPNP was held on December 17, 2020 (Thursday), at 11:00 AM at the Multi-Purpose Center (MPC), Camp BGen Rafael T Crame, Quezon City. The meeting was attended physically and virtually by the members of the National Advisory Group for Police Transformation and Development (NAGPTD), PNP Command Group, Directors of the Directorial Staff, and CPSM personnel.
The following are the highlights of the said activity:
- The program started with the mass singing of the Philippine National Anthem followed by an Invocation delivered by PBGEN JASON D ORTIZO, D, CHS;
- PLTGEN JOSELITO M VERA CRUZ, TCDS/Chairperson TWG for the PNP P.A.T.R.O.L. Plan 2030 delivered his Welcome Remarks and the Acknowledgment of PNP Participants and Advisory Council was presented by PBGEN ALEXANDER J SAMPAGA, D, CPSM;
- Prudencio J. Gesta, Chairperson, NAGPTD presented the Accomplishment Report of the NAGPTD which he highlighted the Performance Governance System (PGS) and PNP P.A.T.R.O.L. Plan 2030. He also shared to the participants the contributions donated by the different Advisory Council members nationwide amounting to P246,535,354.46 to the PNP’s Anti-COVID-19 pandemic initiatives and other Best Practices;
- The Way Forward for the PNP Advisory Council was presented by PBGEN SAMPAGA wherein he highlighted how the Advisory Council had helped the PNP confront its challenges by providing valuable advice, guidance, suggestions and recommendations; He further emphasized how other countries like the “K Cop” from South Korea Police shared their experiences with their advisory council members. Furthermore, he presented the enhanced Terms of Reference (TOR) and terms of office of the PNP National Advisory Council;
- Plaque of Appreciations were presented by PGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, CPNP assisted by the PNP Command Group and D, CPSM to the members of the NAGPTD; and
- PGEN SINAS, CPNP gave his message to the attendees wherein he emphasized that the National Advisory Council will convene on a monthly basis and they are automatically invited on the Command Activities of the PNP. He narrated his experiences with other Regional Advisory Council in all offices he was assigned. He also expressed his gratitude to the members of the NAGPTD and greeted everyone in advance a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year and emphasized to be safe and observe health protocols in the New Normal situation.
The meeting adjourned at 2:00PM on the same day.
The recently concluded Strategy Refresh for PNPA PANATA 2050 of the Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) was held from November 25 to 26, 2020 at the Heroes Hall, PNPA, Camp Gen Mariano N Castañeda, Silang, Cavite which was facilitated by the Center for Police Strategy Management (CPSM), and attended both physically and virtually by a total of 70 participants comprised of: members of the different divisions of the PNPA, Academic Group, Tactics Group, in-service and retired Lakans, and PNPA Cadets.
The Strategy Refresh aimed to review the Environmental Scanning and Process Check of the PNPA, and to revisit the PNPA Vision, Mission, Mandate, Philosophy, Core Values, Road Map and Scorecard. The activity was conducted to realize the Transformation Journey of the PNPA as the premier institution for police education and the primary source for commissionship for Police Lieutenants.
The following are the highlights of the Strategy Refresh:
PBGEN WALTER E CASTILLEJOS, Director, CPSM; PCOL ERCY NANETTE P MADRIAGA, Chief, OAD; PLTCOL MA ANGELA M SALAYA, Chief, ITAS, OAD; and PCPT LEO MIKHAIL MENESES, Chief, SCS, SMD attended the Rizal Police Provincial Office 3rd Provincewide Advisory Council Round Table Meeting and Workshop with the theme of “Accepting the Challenge of the New Normal in the Implementation of PNP P.A.T.R.O.L. Plan 2030" on November 20, 2020, 8:00 AM at the Rizal PPO Conference Room, Brgy. Dolores, Taytay, Rizal.